Microsoft vs. Nintendo vs. Sony

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Comic-Con 2010



Comic-Con came again to San Diego and it was fantastic!! Movies, TV, games, comics, and so much more. I got hands-on time with many new titles such as Killzone 3 in 3D, Playstation Move, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Dead Rising 2, Gears of War 3, Splatterhouse, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and so much more. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was easily game of the show. I really like the art style used in this game and it plays very smoothly. I can't wait to get more time with it.

Killzone 3 looked fantastic and really has been polished since Killzone 2 with the new environments. I got to try it in 3D and it was cool but not a big selling point for me. Gears of War 3 had beast mode available to demo and it was pretty fun. If you are a fan of multiplayer in Gears then you will enjoy this mode. It basically switches roles to playing as locusts instead.

Marvel and DC had some cool booths with comics and new titles like Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions which look promising. The new Thor movie and Captain America movies I'm also excited for.

Overall, if you are a fan of games, comics, or movies it is worth checking this convention out. It is a lot of fun checking out the panels and new merchandise. PAX is next on my radar in one month which I'm looking forward to!!

No comments: